Welcome to the only podcast that's officially banned by the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants. We'd like to thank our families and our industry colleagues for supporting us thus far!
Seriously though, here's another sweet podcast episode, enjoy!
Ad: If invoicing and getting invoices paid is killing you deep down inside where brides and grooms should never reach, trial Freshbooks for 60 days for free and have invoices sent automatically, and your clients can even pay their invoices with credit card - it's all built-in! celebrant.fm/freshbooks to get the 60 day free trial for podcast listeners only!
- Emily asks for a podcast episode with top tips for new celebrants, we'll release it soon!
- Marriage celebrant matters, the AGD newsletter is out and boy is it fun/boring. We deliver a blow by blow recap of this industry-defining PDF file.
- CoCA comments "we don't want the right to discriminate" in the SMH
- Send in your feedback - why are you, or are you not, a member of an association
- The Marriage Act (legislation) has not changed yet, so we can't accept notices (NOIMs) for same sex couples until the marriage act allows us to. On the 23rd of November the current statement is "celebrants are currently not able to accept a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) from same-sex couples."
- BDM (Births, Deaths and Marriages) chat on the new Queensland BDM online marriage registration system, NSW's Lifelink and Victoria's Marriages online, and why you might want to, or not use them. Facebook post to the new forms in beta release from the Qld BDM. When the new Qld BDM online system goes live, you'll access it here.